There are numerous ways to increase the value of your property before putting it on the market. The key is to spend your money in the right places to maximize your return on investment. It’s easy to spend a lot of money improving your property only to discover that it hasn’t added the value you expected. Improving key areas of your home, such as the kitchen and bathroom, is a great way to increase the value of your property in general. Improving the exterior of your home is also beneficial because it is the first thing potential buyers see when they visit your property.
Add Value of Your Property
It is not necessary to spend thousands of dollars on dramatic home renovations to increase the value of a property. Investing in extras such as ceiling fans, walk-in closets, and pantries is often very appealing to prospective buyers. Spend some more and add a double garage or an ensuite, and they may be lining up to make an offer on your home. The following factors must be considered:
Handle Structural Issues
Want to know how to increase the value of your home by ensuring its structural safety and security? Then, make sure you are on top of structural issues as this will have a huge impact on the value of any house, so anyone looking to add value to their home should prioritize structural issues.
It makes no sense to begin any cosmetic or inner work, such as installing a new bathroom or kitchen, or any home decorating work, without first completing this task.
Structural issues, such as deformation, can involve underlying costs and thus are likely to be among the most expensive work needed in a renovation project, but they are essential in terms of adding value.
- Roofs that are sagging or leaking
- Increasing damp
- Wall structural cracks
- sagging walls
- Roof joists or timbers that have rotted
- Infestation of insects
- Roof tiles that are missing or broken
- A shaky chimney stack
- A floor/slab that has collapsed
In the case of structural defects, it is best to hire a builder, surveyor, or structural engineer.
- A New Robe of Paint
Old, fade-away, and cracked paint can end up making a home appear dull, lifeless, and often older than it is. Simply applying a new coat of paint is an easy way to brighten up a room and make it look new again. This is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to immediately increase the value of your property. Why not use this opportunity to add a feature wall or select a trendy paint color or texture to add a modern touch to your home? Just be careful to select colors that are current and do not overwhelm potential buyers with more conservative tastes.
- Garden Maintenance
Redesigning your garden to ensure that it is not only attractive and well-designed, but also tidy, can not only add value to your home but also help to make it more appealing to buyers.
Winter is the ideal time to put on your gardening gloves and get to work in the garden. Examine any gaps in planting that need to be filled after a general clean-up.
If you’re selling the house, gather a few well-established potted plants to fill in the gaps so you can take them with you when you move.
Take a high-pressure hose and thoroughly clean the paths and paintwork. Clean the grill, scrub the outdoor furniture, and apply oil if necessary.
- Remove and dispose of litter and dead plants.
- Weed removal and lawn fertilization
- Reduce the size of overgrown trees and shrubs.
- Beds and borders can be used to make interesting shapes.
- Planting adds color and interest.
Remodel Your Kitchen
The kitchen/dining region is the heart of your home, where friends and relatives congregate to socialize and enjoy a good meal. It’s usually the most used room in the house, so investing in it is never a bad idea. Any advancement to your kitchen, no matter how big or small will increase its value, so there’s obligated to be something you can do on a budget. Here are some examples:
- New equipment: these have long been a popular trend in home renovations, and they will open up your living space, making it much more inclusive and enjoyable. Conversion of a closed-off kitchen into a larger, open-plan one that extends to the dining area and beyond can drastically alter the overall feel of the home.
- Lighting: Adding more natural light or updating old light fixtures can make the space more inviting and is an easy way to instantly brighten up your kitchen.
- Open-plan kitchens: These have long been a popular trend in home improvement projects, and they will open up your living space, making it much more inclusive and enjoyable. Converting a closed-off kitchen into a larger, open-plan one that extends to the dining area and beyond can drastically alter the overall feel of the home.
Renovate Your Bathroom
Bathrooms need to be fresh and hygienic looking but are also a great place to add a touch of luxury for that value-adding wow factor.
Make sure there is adequate light and paint the walls a nice neutral light shade. Consider the following:
- Make sure that at least one bathroom has a shower.
- Replace existing sanitary ware.
- Make sure flooring is clean and hygienic.
- Make sure the bathroom has an extractor fan for ventilation
- Add a mirror or two.
- Think about adding a heated towel rail
Invest In Solar Panel
Solar panels are an excellent investment that can significantly increase the value of your home, particularly in today’s environmentally conscious world. Even though we get a lot of rain, there is a considerable amount of energy that we could get from the sun and convert into free electricity at home.
Any deviation from this will hurt the total electricity yield. The roof must be extremely durable enough to support not only the weight of the panels but also any wind lift due to wind getting underneath them.
Then you need to choose between photovoltaic solar panels (PV), which generate electricity from sunlight, and solar thermal panels, which generate heat for use in your domestic hot water cylinder.
Adding value to your home requires high-end renovation. At SHB, we visit your property with the best hands and respond by replacing the worn materials, and fixing those once that need adjustment accordingly.
However, in the bid to add value to your home, there is a need for you to choose a company that helps renovate and add value to homes and also widely consider the client’s budget. Thus, with the touch of the SBH group your home becomes more attractive to potential buyers.
SBH group is well licensed, insured, and certified firm with years of experience and highly rated customers service which birth great customer reviews. You can see what we’re made of by visiting the firm’s website, https://sbh.group/.